Nexus 7 issues after updating to 4.2

Posted Mar 28, 2013 at 12:22 am in Threads > Smartphones & Tablets

Hello everyone,

Few days back I updated my Nexus 7 to 4.2, the issue which I encountered is I can’t charge it if battery is dead, after researching found it’s a bug which came with 4.2, so was wondering what all others issues you people encountered after updating to 4.2, I would appreciate if every list the issues and steps they took to resolve the same. At least it will be helpful for others to work around till the next update.

• Broseph Stalin

Something I noticed on both my Galaxy Nexus and my ASUS Transformer 300 is that, whenever I boot the device or switch users, GPS is established. It doesn’t go away until you force close Fused Location Service and can eat a LOT of battery. Anyone else seen this?

• kazahani

I have definitely noticed my GNex LTE trying to establish a GPS location more often after the update, but I had not given it much thought. I’m after every spare minute of battery life I can get, so if there is any more information on this issue I would appreciate it.

I have a really minor issue. I can’t back out of an app’s page in the Play Store while the app is downloading. I either have to press the main Play Store icon which takes me to the Play Store’s main page or I have to hit the home key to completely leave the app.