Nexus 7 Owners(regarding build quality)

Posted Aug 26, 2012 at 5:09 pm in Threads > Smartphones & Tablets

I was planning on picking up a Nexus7 this coming week, so I decided to check some user reviews to see how they were feeling about the N7 and to my surprise started to notice that users(not sure if they were the same users on different forums) were having problems with the build quality(ie bezel being uneven/cracked ,screen lifting, cracking noises and hairlines which causes the screen to be unresponsive or get cracked in some cases). Some were even claiming to be on their 3rd/4th device which is quite alarming considering how the repair is being handled.

Another thing that concerned me is that non of the major review sites are mentioning anything on this subject, but it’s hard to ignore the amount of user reports, could it be competing companies trying to confuse potential N7 buyers, users who prefer another brand or maybe a real defect that’s not being reported by the major sites because they’re trying to get their reviews as fast as they can to their readers or to beat competing sites.

The purpose of this thread is to ask N7 owners if their device is experiencing any problems and how much time have they spent using the device.

Completely forgot to ask a couple of question that aren’t related to the build quality, but I don’t want to make another thread, so I’ll just use this one(if that’s okay)

How do non-tegra apps perform(work) on the N7?

Do phone apps upscale nicely to the 7 inch screen?