Tegra 3 should be in US phones! Do you agree?

Posted May 18, 2012 at 4:43 pm in Threads > Opinions

The biggest problem I have with us carrier phones is that they switch up the processors when making there debut in us soil, but why do they have to do this? I know its because of LTE compatibility issues but why cant they release it without it? I really want a Tegra 3 phone but dont want to spend big bucks on importing an international version.. Do you guys agree?

• Alex Baldwin

I agree, unfortunately the carriers in US seem to think customers want faster downloads over a faster phone. To be honest though, when it comes to devices like the One X, the S4 is just as good.

• Jiltedae

Personally, I prefer a faster download speed. Most things that I do on my phone involve stream based media (i.e. Pandora or Netflix). A faster processor in the phone would be nice, but it would be a secondary concern to LTE compatibility for me.

• professandobey
  • Bpear96

The Qualcomm S4 Quadcore with adreno 320 is also a chip to look out for, With its Custom Krait cores, which has seen to be an advantage over Cortex A9 (tegra 3, exynos etc) + the adreno 320 will probably beat the Tegra 3′s gpu and possibly even the Mali 400 in the Galaxy s III. + with the 28nm build and option for integrated radios (lte, gsm, etc) Its really a GREAT chip, and cant wait to see phones with it.

• Bpear96
      • Bpear96

I have to admit the LG LS970 is actually looking quite appealing atm, With its Quadcore Krait SoC, 2gb RAM, 13MP camera, 4.67″ 720p IPS display, 2100mAh removable battery, MicroSD card slot etc etc, only downside will most likely be software, but i would probably put AOKP/CM9 on it anyhow :D. Thank god lg doesnt lock there bootloaders, but if for some reason they do this time, there is NO WAY i would get one! Are you listening LG :P. I wouldn’t go for one right away though, just to make sure it isn’t plagued with hardware issues like the G2X.

• CJ LaFleur

LG has to prove it doesn’t make crap phones anymore. they have a LONG way to go to prove to A LOT of people that they don’t make crap phones.

• Jiltedae

If this graphic is accurate, that little chip has amazing performance. Hopefully that performance translates into a more in depth gaming experience on android devices. Maybe a Skyrim-esque open world RPG isn’t totally out of the question.

• CJ LaFleur

The lack of a quad core processor is causing me to lean away from the One X. If the GS3 lacks a quad core processor then I think i’ll go with the Huawei Ascend D Quad XL as i’m sure it will have a quad core processor here in the US. Forget Tegra 3, I just want something quad core!