What are your predictions about the upcoming Android 5.0?

Posted Dec 15, 2012 at 11:46 am in Threads > News

What do you think about the upcoming Android 5.0?
What’s going to change?
Which manufacturer will make the first Android 5.0 powered smartphone?
Will there be a lot of changes??

• SGB101

LG and Asus, as they have the current nexus lines.

• GRAW

Hopefully, with 5.0 or a newer version, el Goog will show off it’s new Google TVs. I’d be stoked if they could get some more deals with TV makers so they could put GTV into the TVs without the box.

Also, here’s hoping the next Nexus phone will work with some more LTE bands. Although I understand Verizon is not all that popular here, it’s the U.S.’s best wireless network and I’d hate to be without a replacement for my GNex.

• zolikaaa666

I Want faster updating from 4.0 to 4.1 and 4.1 to 4.2…To tell the truth my old Htc ChaCha is still on 2.3.6 and it won’t be updated but if i will get the oppurtunity to get a new device , updating would be a main point of view! So i would definetely get a Nexus Device :D

• DrFaust

I haven’t really heard anything yet about what will be in key lime pie/5.0. The quick settings menu in the new version is already more change than I was expecting; but what I’ve seen of the current version on the lg nexus is pretty slick. I don’t know what to expect from the next major version of android.

I expect a Motorola or an Asus Nexus phone sometime in the near future. I hope we start to see multiple manufacturers release Nexus phones at or around the same time though.

• bdub

Either of those manufacturers on a Nexus phone would make me happy(presumably).

• klcow92

unified os for google tv, phones, tablets etc

• securifirm

Ability to switch between manufacturer “themed” version and stock. :)

I’d love to see a kiosk mode as well as greater enterprise functionality.

• WlfHart

Love that idea, but I’d take it one further… the ability to pick and choose manufacturer “themed” version pieces from across manufacturers and add them a la carte to stock. That way all phones would be stock and manufaturer overlays would essentially be apps.

• bdub

Personally I bet we see some more emphasis on the “pretty” side of things.. Which I have faith in Googles team on that. Still not a fan of the tiles in 4.2, but getting used to it. Can’t wait for I/O 2013!

• redraider133

Maybe some sort of project roadrunner to help with faster updates

• klcow92

I hope google will make use of the Motorola division to produce a good nexus phone for android 5.0!!!

• josha14025

a motorola nexus

• Charlong666

What do you think about the upcoming Android 5.0?
    -I’m hoping for some kind of unification between Google TV and Chrome OS with Android.

What’s going to change?
    -Hopefully more unification between all of the stock Android Apps, such as making the People app look like the rest of the OS. And fixing the back button.

Which manufacturer will make the first Android 5.0 powered smartphone?
    -Motorola maybe (big maybe though). Probably ASUS.

Will there be a lot of changes?
    -Hopefully! Who knows what the future holds!

• jaysond

I predict that it’s going to have the most bugs out of any other one ,they keep rushing these things instead of taking there time and testing it properly.
    ever see that commercial that jokes about everybody that buys phones are the beta testers lol

• TheStig

samsung hopefully ALOT OF changes!

• Ezy03

Speed more speed!

• david_willems13

Unified messaging and more options with expanded notifications for stock apps! come on google, you have something good here!

• gavinb

I’m hoping the rumoured customisation centre appears, though I accept that it is unlikely. A tasker style automation system would be a really good addition to stock Android. Maybe they should buy tasker and modify the UI. The ability to run two apps on screen at the same time, as per the Galaxy Note 2 would also be a great addition

• WlfHart

If the ability to run two apps at a time made stock Android this year (without restriction to specific apps like on the Note II) I’d be ecstatic!

• Stig03

New messaging! Faster and better battery!!

• zolikaaa666

And will be gaming better??..What do you think??

• zolikaaa666

We want Key Lime Pie!!!

• Daniel Hakimi

Seriously? You don’t even know that the next version of android will be 5.0, let alone that it is upcoming. It could be another year before we get a new version. And I’m pretty sure Google has proved to us that there’s *no way of knowing* what will be in the next version this far ahead of release.

• orangestrat

Web apps and unified messaging, maybe better photo gallery and camera apps, though the new camera is pretty boss.

• azam

according to sources google has come up with a name “Kassata Cup” for android 5.0…
    well this is still unofficial till now…