Verizon customers face a tough choice tomorrow. They can get the latest and greatest that Android has to offer (Moto Droid) or they opt for the HTC Eris. Verizon will be selling the Eris for $199 in store with a $100 mail in rebate. That is cheaper than the Droid ($299 with $100 rebate), but you can pick up the Droid from Best Buy ($199) or Walmart ($188) and skip the rebate inconvenience.
Those of you who are willing to wait for the rebate can have the Droid Eris for $99. But if you are going to pay $199 in store, why not just grab the first (and only) Android 2.0 phone from Best Buy?
The full specs of the Eris have been posted on HTC’s site and we can see they match what had been rumored. Eris features another Qualcomm 528 MHz processor and is based of Android 1.5.
- Operating System: Google Android (Cupcake)
- Processor: Qualcomm® MSM7600â„¢, 528MHz
- Internal Memory: 512MB ROM / 288MB RAM
- Display: 3.2-inch 320 x 480 HVGA Resolution Capacitive Touch Screen
- Technology CDMA: Dual-band 800/1900MHz, CDMA2000 1xRTT/1xEVDO rev. A
- Email: Support for Office Outlook Mobile® and Microsoft Exchange® with Direct Push
- Dimensions: 4.45” (L) x 2.19” (W) x .51” (T)
- Weight: 4.23 ounces
- Battery: 1300 mAh Li-on
- Talk time: 300 min
- Standby: 420 hrs
- Mono (15*11*3.5 mm)
- Built-in Camera
- 5.0 MP w/ Auto Focus
- Audio: MIDI, M4A, QCP, AMR, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WAV, WMA, MP3, EVRC-B
- Video: MPEG4, H.263, H.264, WMV
- I/O Interface: Bluetooth® 2.0 with Enhanced Data Rate and A2DP for stereo wireless headsets, WiFi®: IEEE 802.11b/g
- Expansion: microSDâ„¢ memory card slot
- Device Navigation: Ultra slim bar type phone with capacitive touch display, end/power button, send, home, menu, back/clear button, search, volume keys, TrackBall
- Internal antenna
- In-Box Content: Phone, 8GB SD Card, Standard Battery (1300mAh), A/C Charger, USB Cable, Quick Start Guide (link to UM), Safety Brochure, Warranty Card
Head on over to Engadget for some unboxing photos.