Do you have the ability to work calmly and maintain good judgment in high-stress environments? Google is looking to hire a Communications Manager to police develop close, productive relationships with bloggers (like me).
There have definitely been some communication issues in the past between Google and the Android community. Mark Murphy actually suggested last year that Google hire an Ombudsdroid and it looks like they were listening.
If you think you are man droid enough for the job, head over to CrunchBoard and apply.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Represent Google as a company spokesperson for a wide variety of media and blogger inquiries.
- Develop close, productive relationships with journalists, bloggers, product reviewers and our key partners in the mobile industry. Proactively reach out to media to promote Android and explain our approach.
- Collaborate with Google engineering, product, and marketing teams to create compelling communications strategies that illustrate the functionality and key benefits of Android’s open platform and product innovations.
- Develop written materials, including story pitches, messaging guidelines, press releases, Q&As, presentations and speeches.
- Train and provide advice to company officials for press conferences, media interviews and trade presentations.