As a student, I often find myself in areas that are rather unconventional to study in. You have your big Medical, Math, or Science Books and it just does not seem to work out. It is also possible that you may have flashcards, but why carry around extra stuff?
As an Android lover, I have found the perfect solution to my predicament. It’s an application called StudyDroid. With this app I am able to bring the one thing I really need, my phone, and be able to study when I have a few minutes of free time. StudyDroid works by allowing you to create flashcards either within the app itself or on http://www.studydroid.com and syncing them onto your device.
One of StudyDroid’s biggest features is that it has it’s own online community. Users are able to share their packs publicly. Don’t worry though, if this is not your thing you can set your packs to private. You can also mark cards as “Known” as you study. This feature puts all of your known cards to the end of your pack, allowing you to focus on cards that you don’t remember as well.
- Able to create a pack of flashcards on your computer
- Have images on cards
- Can mark certain flashcards as “Known”
- Lists all of the cards in a pack
- Online community to share flashcards
- Digital, so you’re not limited on how much you can put on a card
- The website can get a little buggy when creating a pack every now and then
- The user interface could be a little bit better
- The app only downloads your cards from the web, it doesn’t upload them
StudyDroid flashcards is a must have app for any student, whether you have a lot of content to study or just a little. This a very nice application that any student should have on their phone.
So what about you? Do you have knowledge of an app that is a must have for students? Post in the comments below and let me know.
Note: This review was submitted by Guy Tiano as part of our app review contest.