Have you ever been in a spot where you really need a file that just happens to be on your home computer or is on a USB stick somewhere under the seat of your car? SugarSync is an app that lets you access the files that you choose to sync between your computers and their servers from the palm of your hand.
The app has a slick, polished interface that is easy to use and set up. SugarSync isn’t groundbreaking in their way of bringing “cloud” file management and file storage/syncing to you, but their way of bringing your most important files to your Android phone is remarkable.
- SugarSync account needed. You may choose from Free with 2 GB of storage up to large amounts of data backup at monthly/yearly rates.
- Full desktop client available for file management on your PC or Mac.
- “Magic Briefcase” folder that automatically syncs between all computers and phones that you have on the account.
- Integrated file explorer and photo gallery.
- Automatically syncs your mobile photos (if you choose to).
- Access your files from any computer in the world with internet access.
- Easy way to collaborate and share folders to anyone. You can email links for secure access. This is good if the file you are sharing is too large to email.
- Works great for when you are browsing wallpapers and such on your PC, you can save files to your synced folder and they automatically end up on your phone. No need to mount your USB cord!
- Large files can be sluggish to load over 3G. Not a fault of the app though.
- Removes excuses for losing schoolwork.
SugarSync is a slick little app and once you get used to using it on your phone and beyond, you realize how many headaches it really saves you.
Note: This review was submitted by Micah Vainikka as part of our app review contest.