Samsung’s lineup of Galaxy S phones has yet to hit the United States and rumors of a follow-up device are already beginning to appear. Unwired View is reporting on a device called the i9200 which they dubbed the Samsung Galaxy S2.
The rumored specs are out of this world, but the device is not expected till early 2011. Samsung’s Galaxy S2 is rumored to include a 4.3 inch Super AMOLED display, 2 GHz processor, and 1 GB of RAM.
Who knows how reliable the source is, but this rumor provides another clue of what the next generation of superphones might look like. Motorola is reportedly working on a 2 GHz smartphone for late 2010 and HTC could launch the first dual-CPU phone later this year. If Samsung is serious about doubling its smartphone market share, then you can bet they have a competing device already in the works.
Rumored specs of the Samsung Galaxy i9200 include:
- 4.3” 1280x720px Super AMOLED 2 display
- 2GHz CPU, 1GB RAM/4GB ROM
- 32GB of built-in flash memory, +32GB microSD card slot
- 8 megapixel camera with FullHD video recording
- A-GPS, Bluetooth 3.0, Wi-Fi b/g/n
- 3.5 mm headset jack
- Accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity and ambient light sensors