Close to 1,000 of our readers said they were going to vote for the Nexus S with their wallet so we thought you all might be interested in Best Buy’s new blog post that answers all your questions about the big launch on December 16th. Every Best Buy and Best Buy Mobile location will be selling the device, but there is no pre-order program and they are not commenting on inventory at this time.
Units will be distributed on a first-come-first-served basis, so you might want to show up early at Best Buy if you want to get one before Christmas. I have a feeling that quantities will be limited.
I was lucky enough to play with a Nexus S this week and it’s definitely an awesome phone with the major selling point being Gingerbread (Android 2.3). Hopefully we can get a review unit before launch to check out, but I’m still planning to head to my local Best Buy to pick one up (it’s my job) and report back on the crowd (if any).
Some of the most asked questions for the Nexus S launch include:
- When will the Google Nexus S be available to purchase? The Nexus S will be available Thursday, December 16, 2010
- Where can I buy the Nexus S? The Google Nexus S can be purchased at Best Buy stores, Best Buy Mobile stand-alone stores, Bestbuy.com and through our dedicated call center (866-813-2021).
- What carrier(s) are available for the Google Nexus S? The Nexus S is available with T-Mobile service or as an unlocked phone with no contract and no activation.
- What features and specs does the Nexus S come with? Visit Google’s Nexus S page for a full list of specs and features.
- Are there two different versions of the Nexus S, locked and unlocked? No, there is only one Nexus S. It is available locked with a 2-year T-Mobile contract or unlocked with no contract.
- Where can I get more information? Check back here frequently as we update with more information. You can also like Best Buy Mobile on Facebook and follow Best Buy Mobile on Twitter.
For more details visit Best Buy Mobile and see the full FAQ.