Editor’s Note: Rooting your device will void your warranty and, though highly unlikely if you follow directions carefully, could brick your device. We take no responsibility for damage to your device caused by the rooting process.
The HTC Amaze 4G has only been on the market for a few short weeks, but developers have been staying up late into the night working to gain root access for the phone. A few temporary root solutions have popped up over the past week or so, but now you can permanently root the T-Mobile HTC Amaze 4G with a simple, one-click root option developed by xboarder56 on XDA-Developers.
The One Click Perm Root tool gives Amaze 4G users permanent root access, as long as you already have an unlocked bootloader. Those who are not willing to use the official HTCDev bootloader unlocking tool will need to rerun the process every time you restart your phone.
HTC Amaze 4G root instructions:
- Download and install HTC drivers on your computer.
- Connect the HTC Amaze to your computer via USB.
- Turn on USB debugging Menu > Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
- Download xboarder56’s One Click Perm Root tool.
- Extract zip file to C:.
- Click ZergRushTempRoot.bat.
- Wait about three minutes.
- Enjoy your HTC Amaze 4G with full root access.
For more details about xboarder56’s HTC Amaze One Click Root tool, check out the official thread on XDA-Developers. A custom recovery is still being worked on, but in the meantime you can start using all your favorite applications that require root access.
If you do decide to root your HTC Amaze 4G, let us know how the process goes and what you plan to do with root access on your phone.