The Android 4.0 update for the HTC EVO 3D was a nice surprise (even though HTC did promise to deliver it before the end of the month), so you can imagine how shocked we were when we got the word that Sprint has also started pushing out the Android 4.0 update for the HTC EVO Design 4G.
By now, you should know the drill. Android 4.0 on the HTC EVO Design 4G features HTC’s Sense 3.6 UI, Face Unlock, new notifications features, a new camera UI with updated features, improved browser and access to Android 4.0 apps like Google new Chrome browser. You can try to trigger the download by pressing Menu > Settings > About Phone > HTC Software Updates > Check or you can wait until Sprint pushed the OTA update to your device.
Android 4.0 enhancements and fixes
- Upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0)
- Create folders on your home panels
- Improved Android browser
- Improved accessibility
- Resizable Google widgets
- Add/remove panels
- Face unlock: use state-of-the-art facial recognition technology to unlock your phone with a smile
- Redesigned camera app that introduces scenes like Panorama, and effects like Vignette, Depth of Field, Vintage and Posterize
- Redesigned Gmail app lets you swipe between conversations to catch up quickly
- Google+ integration
- Fix: Sprint Mobile Hotspot
- Fix: Dialing 1 to allow voicemail access
- Fix: Exchange calendar sync fail issue
So what are you waiting for? Download the Android 4.0 update for the EVO Design 4G and be sure to let us know how the process goes and what you think of all the new features.