The LG Intuition has finally been announced. Verizon will launch the new phablet device on September 6 for $199.99 with a new two-year contract. To make the offer a little more appealing, Verizon will offer up a free LG Tone Stereo Bluetooth headset to those who purchase the LG Intuition online between September 6 and 10.
While the LG Intuition is the closest competitor to Samsung’s Galaxy Note, the handset’s 4:3 aspect ratio 5-inch HD display gives the device a much different profile. The Note may be big, but the the wider Intuition seems unwieldy. Internal specifications include a 1.5 GHz dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM, 8 megapixel camera with 1080p video recording, front-facing 1.3 megapixel camera, GPS, LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0 and NCF connectivity.
Like the Samsung Galaxy Note, the main aspects that set the LG Intuition apart from other Android devices are its active pen integration and QuickMemo app for drawing and writing. Since we have not had the opportunity to play with the LG Intuition yet, we’re not sure how it stacks up to its only competitor. But we’re excited to see more devices on the market with active pen support. This should lead to better support from app developers, and we can’t wait until Evernote and Springpad add full pen integration into their core apps.Show Press Release
VERIZON WIRELESS AND LG BRING TABLET PRODUCTIVITY AND SMARTPHONE FUNCTIONALITY WITH THE INTUITIONâ„¢ BY LG
4G LTE Connectivity and a Tablet-Like Experience on Vivid 5-Inch True HD Display
BASKING RIDGE and ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J. — Verizon Wireless and LG Electronics USA today announced the Intuition by LG, a next-generation device that offers the full functionality of a smartphone and a tablet all in one slim, pocket friendly device. The Intuition by LG, exclusively for Verizon Wireless, will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com starting Sept. 6 and will be in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores beginning Sept. 10 for $199.99 with a new two-year customer agreement. The Intuition’s innovative design and features let customers record their most creative ideas while also staying productive, all in one device. Customers will also have access to the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network, which covers more than 75 percent of the U.S. population and will soon be available in more than 400 markets nationwide.
LG’s 5-inch display with high-definition detail gives customers a premium viewing experience with exceptionally sharp detail, and the 4:3 aspect ratio makes it ideal for reading e-books, watching videos, Web browsing and reviewing presentations. The Intuition features the Polaris® Office app, allowing customers to view, create, edit and share documents, spreadsheets and presentations right on the Intuition’s large display and can even organize files by category or folder.
The QuickMemoâ„¢ app can be used with a single press of a button and allows customers to draw or write messages with the included Rubberdiumâ„¢ pen or with their finger on just about any screen. Add a personalized handwritten note to pictures, maps, websites and easily share with friends through text messages, social media, email and more. Customers can even pick different colors and pen types to help further customize their notes.
The Intuition also features the LG Tag+ app and two reprogrammable NFC (Near Field Communications) stickers that can be used to create and switch between different phone modes with a single tap. For example, the stickers can be posted onto an office door or bedroom nightstand and customers simply tap the NFC sticker with their phone to activate a mode and tap it again to return to their original settings. The different modes are customizable and include Car Mode, Office Mode, Sleep Mode and User Mode. Settings like Bluetooth®, GPS, Wi-Fi and more can be turned on or off by tapping the back of the Intuition on an LG Tag+ sticker.
- 5-inch display with high-definition detail
- 4:3 aspect ratio to fully use the screen size and eliminate dead space
- 650 NIT display provides excellent legibility and sharp details even in direct sunlight
- The Notebook app turns the Intuition into a virtual notepad for creating documents which, can include text, drawings, images, annotations, video and voice clips
- Business ready with enterprise grade security, corporate data encryption with Data-at-Rest Encryption (DARE), secure multi-headed VPN for corporate network connections, remote wipe capability and more
- Suite of Amazon apps includes Kindle, Shopping, MP3, Zappos, IMDB and Audible so customers can watch movie trailers, download audio books, shopping and more
- 8-megapixel camera with LED flash and 1080p HD video recording
- 1.3 megapixel front-facing camera for video chatting
- Enhanced camera features include voice commands to take a picture, continuous shot to take 6 shots with one tap and panorama shot to merge horizontal shots.
- Androidâ„¢ 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- 1.5 GHz dual-core processor and 1 GB RAM
- Mobile Hotspot — Share a 4G LTE connection with up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- Bluetooth® Version 3.0 + HS
- SmartShare — Share media wirelessly to DLNA®-enabled devices
Pricing and Availability:
- Intuition by LG will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com starting Sept. 6 and will be in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores starting Sept. 10 for $199.99 with a new two-year customer agreement.
- As an online only promotion, customers who purchase Intuition by LG at www.verizonwireless.com between Sept. 6 and Sept. 10 will also receive a LG Tone Stereo Bluetooth® headset at no additional cost
- Customers purchasing the Intuition by LG will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless data plan. Share Everything Plans allow customers to add Intuition by LG to their account for $40 monthly access. For additional information, customers should go to www.verizonwireless.com/shareeverything
- For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.