The Carbon app for Twitter became quite famous after promising release dates and disappearing completely for a while. But it was eventually released, and it was a pretty sweet app. A dark theme, crazy animations, and very good optimization keeping away any inkling of lag. However, its crazy animations put quite a few people off. Nonetheless, it was a very good app.
Today the team has released an update for the app, bringing it to V2.0. This update is a full redesign, providing a new (and darker) user interface with new features everywhere. When you open the app, your status bar and nav bar go dark, immersing you into the Twitter feed. It’s quite good looking and still fast. But best of all, it’s still absolutely free. Here is a full changelog:
- A brand new visual Style
- New Timeline design
- Images/Vides and Avatars are now clickable on Timeline
- Timeline Quick Actions
- New Quick Timeline
- Chaos Menu on Home Screen
- Fixed large Photo upload bug
- Vine videos are now fullscreen and loop.
- Added Don’t Disturb Mode
- Oxide Mode for Gray Scale Timeline experience
- Added Avatar uploader
- New Conversation style on Tweet Screen.
- Lots of other bug fixes and general enhancements…
If you want to check it out, hit the widget to go download the app. Tell us how you like it in the comments, and if you end up leaving Carbon, tell us what Twitter app you like most!