At the tail-end of August, HTC officially announced the Desire 510. While taking several design cues from the other Desire-branded family members, the new device lacks the high-end BoomSound front-facing speakers that several other HTC devices have launched with recently. Sprint has seen fit to give the mid-range device a launch date and a strikingly low price tag along with it.
The Desire 510 will officially launch on Sprint’s network beginning Friday, September 19. On that date, potential buyers can either order the device online or head into a Sprint retail shop to check out the new handset in person. The Desire 510 will run $0 on a new, two-year contract, or $199 sans any contract at all. The Easy Pay installment plan means a customers will be paying $8.34 for 24 months, with $0 down to kick things off.
The key features, as noted by Sprint, look like this:
- 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon® 400 Processor
- Sprint Spark enhanced LTE was designed to take full advantage of all three bands of Sprint LTE to deliver our fastest data speeds ever and improved in-building coverage
- 4.7-inch TFT display for an outstanding visual experience
- HTC Blinkfeed® aggregates the consumers’ chosen news feeds into a user-friendly experience on their home screens
- 5-megapixel rear-facing and 1.3-megapixel front-facing cameras for high-quality photos you’ll be proud to share
- HD Voice for crystal clear call quality with reduced background noise while calling another Sprint HD Voice-enabled phone Sprint network upgraded areas
Boost Mobile will be launching the Desire 510 as well beginning September 22, with their device being an exclusive white variant. It will run new buyers $99.99. Virgin Mobile will be launching the blue option on September 23, and it will cost for $99.99 as well.
Do you plan on picking up the Desire 510?