The N3 isn’t the only new smartphone that the folks at Oppo announced today! And if a motorized swiveling camera isn’t your thing, maybe a super-thin smartphone is.
The Oppo R5 features an aluminum frame and a body that measures just 4.85mm thick. Yeah, that’s pretty thin. In order to help keep the R5’s internals cool inside that space, Oppo has included a Cool Element to absorb heat and improve thermal efficiency.
Of course, Oppo couldn’t create the R5 without giving its camera at least a little special attention. The Oppo R5’s 13-megapixel sensor is of the Sony Exmor IMX214 BSI variety, has an f/2.0 aperture and a Pure Image stitching feature that can create 50-megapixel shots. Oppo has also thrown in a Tracking Focus feature and the ability to alter the focus of a photo after it’s been taken.
So by now I bet you’re wondering what kind of specs Oppo was able to cram inside of the R5’s 4.85mm frame. Wonder no more, friends:
- 5.2-inch 1920×1080 AMOLED display
- 13-megapixel rear camera with Sony Exmor IMX214 BSI sensor
- 5-megapixel front camera with wide-angle 83 degree lens
- 1.5GHz octa-core Snapdragon 615 processor
- 2GB of RAM
- 16GB of storage
- 4G LTE
- Oppo ColorOS 2.0 with Android 4.4 KitKat
- 148.9 × 74.5 × 4.85mm
- 2000mAh battery
- VOOC mini Rapid Charger that can provide two hours of talk time in five minutes of a 75 percent charge in 30 minutes
The Oppo R5 is slated to go on sale in December for $499. Oppo also plans to offer an O-Music Bluetooth clip that can be used to control your music or snap a photo with the R5’s camera.