HTC is on a roll! After releasing the Android 4.4.4 and Eye Experience updates to the T-Mobile and Verizon One (M8) models last week, HTC is kicking off this week with an update for the Sprint One (M8). HTC’s Mo Versi has announced that the Sprint One (M8)’s Eye Experience update has received technical approval and is expected to begin rolling out “tonight.” Like the T-Mo and Verizon updates, this Sprint update will likely include Android 4.4.4 and the following Eye Experience camera features:
- Face Tracking: Track up to 4 faces during a video chat, and ensure that they stay within the camera’s angle of view.
- Split Capture: Record the action in front of you and yourself at the same time. Or, record the action first and then record a commentary.
- Face Fusion: Using 2 photos such as your selfie and a photo of your favorite celebrity, try merging your looks together.
- Voice Selfie: Take a picture or video selfie by just saying “Say Cheese” or “Action”.
- Live Makeup: Smoothen your skin before taking your selfie.
- Photo Booth: Take 4 selfies and merge them into a single picture.
Before you ask, yes, this update includes both the standard Sprint HTC One (M8) as well as the Harman Kardon edition. So if you’re rocking either one of those units, you can hit up Settings > System updates > HTC software update > CHECK NOW tonight to try and snag your Android 4.4.4 and Eye Experience combo update. For a quick demo of the Eye Experience update, check out the video below!