Wanna make a quick five bucks? Send a penny to a friend who has never used Google Wallet before. No, really. Google has announced a promotion today that will get you five free simoleons just for introducing someone to Google Wallet.
According to Google, both you and the receiver will get the money once the newbie confirms the transfer — even a penny will work — and verifies their identity. That’s all there is to it. The promotion is good until November 30, or until 20,000 referrals take place (you can bet that will happen very quickly). Of course there are some restrictions:
- Both of your home addresses have to be in the U.S.
- You and your friend will have to verify your identities.
- You’ll need to have a Wallet Balance already.
- It has to be your friend’s first time creating a Wallet Balance.
- You can introduce as many friends as you want to Google Wallet, but you can only get a $5 credit for up to 20 referrals.
Let us know how much you make using Google’s referral promotion.
Google right now: