T-Mobile has spent the last two years revamping itself and becoming the “Uncarrier”. The approach seems to be working, as T-Mobile added 8.3 million new customers in 2014, its largest annual addition ever. In Q4 alone, T-Mobile added 2.1 million new customers, making it the 7th consecutive quarter to add more than 1 million new customers. When you look at it in perspective, that’s a pretty staggering number for a carrier that was on the verge of shutting down just a couple of years ago.
T-Mobile also says that it now covers over 265 million customers with its 4G LTE network, and that number will only continue to grow throughout 2015 as T-Mobile converts even more of its 2G network to LTE. All in all, T-Mobile seems to in a great place and continues to grow. We’ll have to wait and see the financials, but in terms of customer base, T-Mobile continues to expand.
Did you switch to T-Mobile last year? Sound off in the comments!Show Press Release
- 8.3 million total net customer additions
- 4.9 million branded postpaid net customer additions
- 4.0 million branded postpaid phone net customer additions
- 265 million people now covered by the nation’s fastest 4G LTE network
Preliminary Fourth Quarter 2014 Customer Highlights:
- 2.1 million total net customer additions
- 1.3 million branded postpaid net customer additions
- 1.0 million branded postpaid phone net customer additions
- 266,000 branded prepaid net customer additions