The Samsung Galaxy S6 is expected to be one of Samsung’s best flagships to date and the rumors are pouring in, including a launch date. While bits and pieces of the specs list have leaked, a nearly-complete list is now available courtesy of BGR. The specs that we knew about are, for the most part, confirmed by this list. In addition, there are some new features and specs that we didn’t know about. Take a look at the full list below.
- 64-bit eight-core 14nm CPU which is 50 percent faster
- 5.1-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED display with a 577ppi density, stunning outdoor visibility, super dim mode for late night.
- A huge 20 megapixel OIS camera sensor and a 5 megapixel f/1.8 front-facing camera with real-time HDR
- 32 / 64 / 128GB of storage
- 2550mAh battery
- Built-in wireless charging
- Four hours of usage on a 10 minute charge
- Quick connect charging
- Samsung Pay: works with 90 percent of existing magnetic stripe payment terminals, and NFC payment terminals
- Metal and glass body
- Gorilla Glass 4
- Cat 6 LTE
The list reveals that we’re looking at one of Samsung’s most powerful phones to date, and one that will likely perform just as admirably as its specs would lead one to believe. Software wasn’t mentioned in this leak, but previous rumors have stated that the Galaxy S6 will run Android 5.0 Lollipop with a new version of TouchWiz that’s optimized to Nexus-like levels.
BGR also mentioned that it had received photos of the device from its source, but agreed not to publish them.
We’re curious to learn more about Samsung Pay. If it acts like it sounds like it will, it could be a strong step toward ditching the physical wallet and using only your phone. The presence of a reference to a glass and metal body is another thing that excites us, as Samsung’s excessive use of plastic has long felt bland and uninspired, even if it does have some practicality. All in all, the Galaxy S6 looks to be an exciting release for the company.