The rollout for Android 5.0 Lollipop has been pretty consistent across manufacturers and devices at this point, and now AT&T subscribers with the Galaxy S4 Active have something to look forward to.
The Big Blue carrier has confirmed that the Android 5.0 Lollipop update for the Galaxy S4 Active will begin today, April 21. The update is Android 5.0.1, and it weighs in at 1GB, so you’ll want to be connected to a Wi-Fi network to get the new software on your device. The official change log looks like this:
Android 5.0 Lollipop Highlights
- Songs, photos, apps, and even recent searches from one Android device can be immediately enjoyed across all of your Android devices.
- New User Interface look and feel, more fluid motions
- Priority mode to only allow certain notifications to get through
- Battery saving features and remaining time left to charge or deplete indicators
- Smart Lock to secure phone or tablet by pairing it with a trusted device like a wearable or car
- Most frequently used settings available with just two swipes down from the top screen
As is usual for these types of over the air updates, the process can take a bit of time to reach all of the active units out there. So, if you want to try your luck to grab it manually, head into Settings –> More –> About device –> Software update –> Check for updates. If the update is waiting in the wings, you’ll be able to download and install it.
Do you own a Galaxy S4 Active, or know someone else who does that will be excited about this update?