If you happen to be running one of Samsung’s Galaxy S4 models under AT&T’s network umbrella, then the Big Blue carrier has some good news for you.
AT&T has confirmed that the Android 5.0 Lollipop update is now being delivered over the air to the Galaxy S4 from Samsung. The rollout officially begins Tuesday, April 7 and measures in at 947MB. Here’s the changelog from AT&T regarding what you should expect when the software finishes installing on your handset:
Android 5.0 Lollipop Highlights
- Songs, photos, apps, and even recent searches from one Android device can be immediately enjoyed across all of your Android devices.
- New User Interface look and feel, more fluid motions
- Priority mode to only allow certain notifications to get through
- Battery saving features and remaining time left to charge or deplete indicators
- Smart Lock to secure phone or tablet by pairing it with a trusted device like a wearable or car
- Most frequently used settings available with just two swipes down from the top screen
- Details at: http://www.android.com/versions/lollipop-5-0/
- Removal of Code Scanner, Browser Bar and Softcard apps
The Galaxy S4 was one of Samsung’s most popular devices, so it’s a good probability that quite a few subscribers out there are still rocking the handset. Are you, or do you know someone who is?