Another Android 5.0 update is nigh.
Verizon has updated the support page for its version of the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, posting a changelog for the phone’s Android 5.0 update. It’ll bump the Verizon Note 4 to software version LRX22C.N910VVRU1BOAF and it’ll bring with it all of the Lollipop goodies that you’d expect like a refreshed UI and lock screen notifications, as well as some Samsung and Verizon-specific tweaks. For example, Ol’ Red has included Advanced Calling 1.0, which includes Voice over LTE (VoLTE) and simultaneous voice and LTE data.
To check for this update on your Verizon Note 4, you can go into Settings > About Phone > Software Updates > Check for Updates. You’re going to need at least 1.7GB of free space on your phone to update to Lollipop, though, so making sure that you’ve got that much storage available should probably be the first thing that you do.
Verizon’s changelog for the Note 4 Lollipop update can be found below.
- Style updated to align with Android Lollipop OS
- Bolder color, fluid animation effects, and interactions based on Lollipop
- The On/Off toggle button style updated based on material design
- Action pop-ups updated to bottom sheet ￼￼￼￼￼
- ‘Blocking mode’ removed (replaced with ‘Do not disturb’ feature).
- ‘Sound’ text updated to ‘Sound and notification’
- Volume controls moved up to first menu depth
- ‘Notification’ sub-header added with’Do not disturb’, ‘While locked’ and ‘Application notifications’ options
- Security: ‘Smart Lock’ feature added
- Accessibility & Vision: ‘Switch Access’ menu added to allows user to control device using configurable key combinations ￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼
LOCK SCREEN & NOTIFICATIONS
- Material design-inspired notifications have been implemented.
- Ability to set priority and privacy for notifications on lock screen. ￼￼
FLOATING ACTION BUTTON
- Floating action button (+) has been added in various applications to promote a specific action, such as adding a new event, adding a new contact, or composing a new message.￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼
- Camera: ‘Recording mode’ has been removed from Settings; ‘Slow motion’ and ‘Fast motion’ were added to Camera Mode
- World Clock: The Search option has been simplified ￼
- S Health: Three opaque widgets added to S Health folder (Coach and two additional pedometer styles)
- Galaxy Essentials: Added Galaxy Gifts deep link button into bottom of Galaxy Essentials list
- Google Search Widget is now opaque
ADVANCED CALLING 1.0
- Updated style of keypad with brighter look and feel, bold colors and fluid animation inspired by material design
- Added Advanced Calling video button
- ‘Video calls’ sub-header and ‘Video calling’ option added to ‘Call’ menu
- ‘Advanced Calling’ menu added to Settings