Hey NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet owners, how does a Lollipop treat sound? Good, because NVIDIA is now pushing Android 5.1 to the SHIELD Tablet. The new flavor of Lollipop is part of NVIDIA’s SHIELD Tablet Software Upgrade 3.0 which includes tweaks for the tablet’s display, controller, camera, audio, and more.
Here’s everything you SHIELD Tablet owners can expect to get from the update:
Upgrade Android Operating System to version 5.1
- Improved performance and responsiveness.
- Enhanced security, including support for Android for Work.
- Improved quick-settings menu, profile management etc.
Improved display performance
- Enabled Global Tone Mapping feature. This feature can be toggled by the user.
- New firmware update for SHIELD controller
- Improved pairing experience and other optimizations.
Please note: You can update the SHIELD controller over WiFi. Look out for a notification on your SHIELD tablet.
- System wide improvements including camera, audio, modem (LTE only) and other fixes
NVIDIA has been pretty spot-on with Android OS updates for its SHIELD devices in the past. For example, it pushed Android 5.0 to the SHIELD Tablet in mid-November and then 5.0.1 in December. Now it’s giving Android 5.1 to the SHIELD Tablet, which is sure to make owners of the device even more pleased with their purchase. Overall it looks like a pretty nice update, packing improvements for several different parts of the SHIELD Tablet, so you owners should grab your slate and check to see if Android 5.1 is waiting for you!