For owners of the Galaxy S6, the update is version G920TUVU1AOF6, and according to the magenta carrier, it weighs in at about 630.96MB. As for the Galaxy S6 edge, that will be updated to version G925TUVU1AOF6, and the update measures up to 635.45MB. As for the changes in each update, they’re the same across the board:
- Black boxes in email is resolved
- Camera LED flashlight is resolved
- Check for Amazon error is resolved
- Failed to reboot – error message is resolved
- Fingerprint scanner improvements
- Various bug fixes and device improvements
The update is rolling out today, but it could take some time before all of the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge units out there in the wild get updated. For those that want to try and instigate the new software’s installation on their own time, head into Settings –> System –> About device –> Software update –> Ok. And be sure to let us know if you get the new software in the comments below.