The Sprint countdown has run down, revealing a new promotion that promises to cut your bill in half and give you up to $650 to cover your termination fees if you switch to Sprint from AT&T, Verizon or T-Mobile. Sprint’s new promotion starts on November 20 and runs through January 6 of next year. As with Sprint’s earlier promotions, the reduced monthly rates will only last until January 8, 2018.
Since the promotion is based on your current plan, everyone switching to Sprint will be getting a slightly different deal. Fortunately, Sprint has put together a few examples of what your savings could look like based on sample rates offered by its competitors.
Sprint 50% rate plan discount examples
- T-Mobile: T-Mobile offers 10GB for $80 per month. T-Mobile customers switching to Sprint can get unlimited talk and text with the same amount of data for $40 per month and that’s with high-speed for your video at Sprint.
- AT&T: A family paying $100 for 15GB at AT&T can get the same amount of data for $50 if they switch to Sprint. Customers also save 50 percent on the access fee.
- Verizon: Verizon customers paying $80 for 12GB of data will pay $40 for 12GB if they switch to Sprint, and they will save 50 percent on the access fee, too.
We can imaging that a lot of people will take advantage of Sprint’s new deal and make the switch from T-Mobile, Verizon and AT&T over the next month and a half. Sprint’s network reliability has been improving, but we’d still choose T-Mobile’s network, even if it will cost slightly more.
Will you be switching to Sprint to save 50% on your current cellphone bill?Show Press Release
Sprint Celebrates Launch of LTE Plus Network; Introduces Biggest Wireless Offer in U.S. History – 50% Off Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile Rate Plans
No gimmicks, no tricks – Available on almost all consumer plans
Savings guaranteed until 2018
Plus, Sprint will pay fees up to $650 for anyone switching to Sprint
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (BUSINESS WIRE), November 18, 2015 – In celebration of the launch of its new LTE Plus network, which has been clocking blazing speeds nationwide, Sprint (NYSE: S) is introducing the biggest wireless offer in U.S. history – 50 percent off the price of most Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile rate plans1. This unprecedented opportunity invites wireless subscribers to try the Sprint network that is performing better than ever – it’s faster than Verizon and AT&T, based on analysis of a recent study by Nielsen2. New customers can sign up for this offer nationwide Nov. 20 through Jan. 7, 2016.
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here:http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20151118006227/en/
50 Percent Off Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile Rate Plans
Example: T-Mobile offers 10GB for $80 per month. T-Mobile customers switching to Sprint can get unlimited talk and text with the same amount of data for $40 per month and that’s with high-speed for your video at Sprint.
Example: A family paying $100 for 15GB at AT&T can get the same amount of data for $50 if they switch to Sprint. Customers also save 50 percent on the access fee.
Example: Verizon customers paying $80 for 12GB of data will pay $40 for 12GB if they switch to Sprint, and they will save 50 percent on the access fee, too.
“We’ve made tremendous strides with our network because we know consumers want wireless service that provides consistent speed and reliability,” said Marcelo Claure, Sprint CEO. “We are so confident that customers will have an amazing experience that we are encouraging them to give us a try with the biggest wireless offer in the history of our industry. Customers switching to Sprint will never need to look elsewhere. They will learn what our 58 million customers already know – Sprint offers the best value and an award-winning network.”
To reward existing customers for their loyalty, Sprint is offering a free tablet with one year of free service with a two-year contract3, while supplies last. A $360 value, this will make a great holiday gift.
“Our company would be nothing without our existing customers so we wanted to make sure we showed our appreciation to them, too,” Claure said. “They will be able to take advantage of this great offer during this holiday season.”
Sprint LTE Plus network
LTE Plus, available today in 77 major markets, takes advantage of Sprint’s rich triband spectrum portfolio, and it uses some of the world’s most advanced technologies in wireless, such as carrier aggregation and antenna beamforming.
Respected third-party testers are recognizing Sprint’s network improvements. For example:
- Nielsen looks at how consumers use their wireless devices and their most recent tests showed that the Sprint network is faster than Verizon’s and AT&T’s2.
- Lowest latency: Latency is the delay between the time wireless information is sent and received. Low latency means faster transmissions, and that’s a great thing! In the third quarter this year, Sprint had the lowest LTE latency, according to OpenSignal. Sprint beat AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile – the second consecutive quarter Sprint held this lowest latency ranking.
- RootMetrics is recognizing Sprint for substantial improvements in overall, reliability, speed, data, call, and/or text network performance. As of Nov. 17, Sprint has achieved 108 first-place (outright or shared) RootScore Awards in 67 metro markets published in the second half of 2015 (up from 70 awards a year ago)4.
John Saw, Sprint chief technology officer, describes in this blog post the performance improvement seen by leading third-party testing organizations.
Cutting your rate plan by 50 percent is easy
This pricing plan is simple with no gimmicks or tricks. Customers who switch get 50 percent off most current rate plan prices from their current carrier. AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon customers switching to Sprint also can take advantage of iPhone Forever, where they are eligible to upgrade every time a new iPhone launches.
- This is a worry-free offer. Customers have 28 days to experience Sprint service. If they are not satisfied, customers can return their device with no restocking fee5.
- Visit your local Sprint store, Sprint Store at RadioShack, www.sprint.com or call 1-800-Sprint1 to switch.
- Get your new device with Sprint Lease, iPhone Forever, Sprint Easy Pay installment billing or pay full retail price for the device. Or bring your own compatible device.
- Customers must port one line, and can add up to 9 additional lines on the account.
- Customers must choose from the 50 percent off rate plans available from their current carrier.
- Cricket and MetroPCS customers also can switch and save 50 percent off their parent company’s postpaid rates.
- 50 percent off pricing remains valid until Jan. 8, 2018, for activations between Nov. 20, 2015, and Jan. 7, 2016.
- Sprint will pay your switching fees up to $650 per line via an American Express® Reward Card after online registration and phone turn-in6.