May 03 AT 3:48 PM Evan Selleck 0 Comments

Marshmallow continues to gain ground in Google’s May 2016 Android distribution report

Android May 2016

Another month, another look at how Android’s many platforms are doing out there in the real world. Google has issued another monthly update that shows yet another strong month for Marshmallow.

According to Google, 7.5% of Android devices that accessed the Play Store during the seven-day period ending on May 2 were running Android 6.0. Compare that to the numbers from April, when Marshmallow was on 4.6% of devices.

Going through the other versions, Android Lollipop (Android 5.0 and Android 5.1) registered on 16.2% and 19.4%, respectively, totaling 35.6% of devices accessing the Play Store. That would indicate that Lollipop has actually dropped 0.2 percent from last month’s recordings.

Android KitKat is now at 32.5%, a decline from 33.4% last month. Android Jelly Bean is now registering on 20.1% of devices, while Android Ice Cream Sandwich is now on 2.0% of devices, according to Google’s latest numbers. So there were sweeping declines for Android versions, other than Marshmallow, which is good news.

Which version of Android are you running on your daily driver?

Source: Android Developers

Evan is a pretty big fan of technology, from phones to video game consoles and everything in between.

    Most Tweeted This Week