Android 7.0 Nougat is starting to make its way onto more devices, and Sony doesn’t want to miss the fun.
Sony has confirmed that it has begun its own Android 7.0 Nougat rollout, with two of its latest devices getting the new software first. The Sony Xperia XZ and Xperia X Performance are now receiving Android 7.0, with both handsets receiving split-screen app support, improved battery life, and a new messaging app.
Here are the new changes:
- Multi-window support – multitasking made easy; run two apps simultaneously and double tap to switch between each
- Longer battery life – do more for longer, with improved battery life powered by Google & Sony Xperia
- Messaging – more ways to tell your story with our latest Messaging app, enabling you to share videos and audio with a few taps
- Manual camera settings control – all-new manual focus and shutter speed controls, now available for Xperia X Performance
- Home screen – a smarter and more personal Xperia home screen, with Google Now integration
The Android 7 update is an over-the-air (OTA) update, so it will be rolling out in waves. If you have either one of these handsets and haven’t received the update just yet, keep an eye out for it, as it should arrive soon.