Our smartphones tend to be pretty expensive, so keeping them safe is important. T-Mobile has offered insurance for phones for many, many years, but it’s now stepping up its game with a brand new offering.
The Un-carrier calls it Premium Device Protection Plus, or PDP Plus. Pricing is set at $15 per month, and T-Mobile is throwing in a variety of different features.
There are services to protect your identity in the new plan, means to protect your data, and of course, protection from accidental damage on your phone. (iPhone owners get AppleCare in there, too.) Here are some of the features that are included with PDP Plus:
- Identity theft protection tools with 24/7/365 dedicated agents to provide Lost Wallet and ID Restoration services backed by $1 million insurance for qualifying recovery expenses.
- Data Protection against viruses and online threats and including privacy protection for up to 10 compatible devices, including phones, tablets and even your PCs and Macs. Also includes a password manager and anti-theft features like a capture cam capability that takes a photo of whoever is trying to unlock your phone (after 3 failed attempts) and emails you their location!
- Device Protection provides coverage for accidental damage and hardware service—for any mechanical breakdown—as well as lost and stolen devices.
- AppleCare Services for a newly purchased or financed iPhone or iPad provides 24/7 priority access to AppleCare technical support (via chat or phone); low service fees—like just $29 for iPhone screen damage and free battery service; Apple-certified repair or replacement at Apple Stores and Apple Authorized Service Providers; hardware service with genuine Apple parts; software support for iOS, iCloud, and Apple-branded iOS apps; and hardware repairs and service backed by Apple, the people who know iPhone and iPad best.
- Tech PHD (Personal Help Desk) provides VIP-level access to immediate, personal technical and diagnostic support via online chat, phone and self-serve resources for devices that connect to your T-Mobile phones, tablets and Hotspots – like printers, routers, TVs and game consoles.
T-Mobile says the new PDP Plus will be available beginning May 7.
There’s quite a bit in there! Who’s signing up for it?