Content curation is a major focus for a lot of companies these days, usually as a means to help customers find music, games, or other content.
Google is no stranger to having people curate content for its digital storefronts, but it is getting even more curated content beginning today, thanks to “editorial pages” inside the Editors’ Choice section. Google says these new pages will include “hand-selected” apps and games from the Google Play editors. The goal is to not only highlight the best possible experiences on Android, but also make the content easy to find through specific themes like fitness, RPGs, puzzles, and more.
On top of that, the editors will be working to add context as to why they chose the apps that they did. One such category is “Puzzle Games to Test Your Logic,” which is compiled of a variety of puzzle games like Sally’s Law, After the End: Forsaken Destiny, and others. Each game has bullet points explaining why the editors chose a particular app.
At the time of publication, the Google Play Store has 14 editorial pages up, seven for apps and seven for games:
- Go Face-to-Face With These Video Calling Apps
- Map It Out: Navigate Anywhere With These 5 Apps
- Get Motivated With These 5 Fitness Apps
- Oh, Snap: 5 Photo Editing Apps to Make Your Pics Pop
- Talk the Talk With These Language Learning Apps
- Make a Deal: 5 Apps for Buying & Selling Used Goods
- Track Your Spending With These 5 Budgeting Apps
- Puzzle Games to Test Your Logic
- Get There Fast With These Great Runner Games
- 5 Role-Playing Games for the Hero in You
- Pedal to the Metal: 5 Awesome Racing Games
- 5 Arcade Games to Perfect Your Twitch Skills
- Challenge Your Intellect With These Simulation Games
- Winning Sports Games to Enjoy Any Season
Google will be expanding these editorial pages in the future. The new curation pages will be present in the United States, Australia, Canada, Great Britain, Japan, and South Korea to start. Google says it will be expanding to other countries “soon.”
How are you liking all this curated content? Are you finding new stuff you love more often?