OnePlus has said before that it plans to release Android Oreo for the OnePlus 3 and 3T, and now owners of those devices can get an early taste of that update.
The OxygenOS Open Beta based on Android 8.0 Oreo is now available for the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T. Specifically, OnePlus 3 owners are getting Open Beta 25, while OnePlus 3T owners are getting Open Beta 16
As for what’s included in this update, here’s the changelog from OnePlus:
Update to Android O (8.0)
- Added Picture in Picture
- Added Auto-fill
- Added Smart text selection
- New Quick Settings design
- September security patch
- Added Notification dots in Launcher
- Added OnePlus account login for access to Shot on OnePlus
- Now able to upload photos directly to Shot on OnePlus through wallpapers
- Fingerprint actions may be slower than you are used to.
- Shortcut to access Google Photos is unavailable
- Some stability issues with NFC and bluetooth
- Performance and compatibility of 3rd party apps will continue to be optimized
If you decide to load this beta onto your OnePlus 3 or 3T, keep in mind that it is a beta release and so there may be some bugs. In exchange for dealing with any bugs that might pop up, you get to taste Oreo before the general public.
If that sounds like something you’d like to do, then hit this link to get the downloads and instructions. If your phone is already enrolled in the Open Beta program, then you should get these latest updates over the air.