YouTube TV has been on a steady rollout ever since its debut earlier this year, and now Google is making it easier to watch the service on more devices.
New YouTube TV apps will make it easier to watch the streaming TV service. Google is launching a new TV-centric app which will see the light of day first in Android TV set-top boxes like the NVIDIA SHIELD TV and in televisions with Android TV built into them. In addition to that, the Xbox One family of devices (Xbox One, Xbox One S, and beginning in November, the Xbox One X) from Microsoft is getting a YouTube TV app.
Google will continue to expand availability in the coming weeks, with the YouTube TV app rolling out to smart TVs in general, including options from Samsung and LG. The Apple TV will be getting an app as well.
Here’s what the new YouTube TV app will introduce:
- Control your live TV experience with your TV’s remote control or game controller.
- For a more cinematic look, we made the background dark on your TVs.
- A new Live guide made for your big screen so you can get a sneak-peek at what’s airing soon.
- Never miss the action with our background playback experience built for your big screen.
- Easily pick up where you left off on another device when you get home.
Have you signed up for YouTube TV? If so, how are you liking the experience?