Xiaomi, the Chinese manufacturer that witnessed rapid expansion, has announced the Redmi 5 and Redmi 5 Plus. These smartphones are slated for a launch in China and are marketed towards value-oriented customers with a starting price of 799 Chinese Yuan ($120 USD). For that low price let’s check out what Xiaomi is offering:
- 5.7-inch 1440 x 720 display/5.99-inch 2160 x 1080 display
- 18:9 aspect ratio with rounded corners
- 1.8GHz Snapdragon 450 processor/2GHz Snapdragon 625 processor
- Redmi 5: 2/3GB RAM, Redmi 5 Plus: 3/4GB RAM
- Redmi 5: 16/32GB storage, Redmi 5 Plus: 32/64GB storage
- 12-megapixel rear camera
- 5-megapixel front-facing camera
- 3300/4000mAh battery
While not flagship caliber, the Redmi 5 and 5 Plus pack a punch for the price point. Another interesting tidbit is that Xiaomi chose to use an 18:9 aspect ratio, following in the footsteps of the LG G6, which was the first smartphone to feature the unique format. Xiaomi touts the choice as creating a better experience for watching videos and browsing the web.
Both devices will be available in a variety of colors, with prices ranging from 799 Chinese Yuan ($120 USD) to 1299 Chinese Yuan ($196 USD) depending on the configuration. Check out the source link below for more details.