OnePlus once said that both the OnePlus 5 and the OnePlus 5T would not be getting Project Treble support. Project Treble allows for much quicker updates and easier custom ROM support, enabling stock software to boot mostly working without needing custom drivers.
Fortunately, the company has gone back on their word because the latest OxygenOS open betas for the 5 and 5T contain Project Treble support! Open Beta 13 for the OnePlus 5 and Open Beta 11 for the OnePlus 5T bring this and more new features to those willing to test less-than-stable software. Also included is a new UI and accent color customization. Here is the full changelog:
- A brand new user interface
- Supported accent color customization
- Feel free to customize any color you like with a color wheel
- Entry: Settings – Display – Customization
- Supported Project Treble
- After several months of evaluation and hard work, we finally found a solution to make this possible, and we are very excited to share this good news with you.
- Improved search tags in the app drawer
- Added “New installs” category tag in the app drawer
- Improved app list for hidden space and toolbox
- Optimized logic for the contacts page
- Brand new design with improved user experience
We welcome a new age of third-party support for this duo of devices. If you want to give the beta software a shot, hit the source link! Just remember to give constructive feedback, because that’s the entire point of beta builds.