If you have the OnePlus 6 and have been anticipating the launch of Android 9.0 Pie, your wait is finally over.
OnePlus has confirmed that the over-the-air (OTA) update to Android 9.0 Pie for the OnePlus 6 has officially commenced. The company also confirmed that, from this point on, OxygenOS version numbers will correspond with the Android version number. So with Android 9.0 being released, OxygenOS 9.0 is the new version number.
The new software includes a brand new UI for Android 9, new adaptive battery support, and the gesture-based navigation that Google introduced with its newest mobile operating system version. OnePlus is also including a new Do Not Disturb (DND) mode with adjustable settings, the latest Android security patches, and support for changing accent colors.
Here’s the full changelog:
Updated system to Android™ 9.0 Pie™
- Brand new UI for Android Pie
- New adaptive battery support
- New Android Pie gesture navigation
- Updated Android security patch to 2018.9
Other new features and system improvements
Do Not Disturb mode
- New Do Not Disturb (DND) mode with adjustable settings
New Gaming mode 3.0
- Added text notification mode
- Added notification for 3rd party calls
- Supported accent color customization
The OTA update will happen in stages, so while it begins now, you might not receive the new software today. Keep an eye out for it, though, as it should arrive soon.