If you’re reading this, you probably already know that the Samsung Galaxy S9 its larger sibling, the Galaxy S9+ are among the best smartphones money can buy in 2018. Both phones are fast, have incredible cameras and offer a notch-less design that’s the envy of most other smartphone manufacturers.
The reason you’re here is that you want to know how you can SIM unlock the Galaxy S9 since you’re looking to sell the phone, change service providers or travel to another country. The good news is that SIM unlocking your Samsung phone is fairly simple when using services like Android SIM Unlock. But there’s always the chance that you can unlock your phone for free as well.
FREE Samsung Galaxy S9 & S9+ SIM Unlock
You read that right, you can SIM unlock the Samsung Galaxy S9 for free – as long as you meet your service provider’s requirements. Typically, you’ll need to be out of contract, the device must be paid for in full and you need to be in good standing with them. If you haven’t paid your bill in a few months, you’re out of luck.
But if you do meet their requirements, just follow the steps below and you’ll get your FREE Samsung Galaxy S9 or S9+ SIM unlock code in no time.
- Dial #06# from your phone to display its IMEI number
- Call your service provider and request the SIM unlock code for your phone
- Provide your Galaxy S9’s IMEI number to process the SIM unlock request
- Your service provider will email your Samsung Galaxy S9 the SIM unlock code in 1-3 days
SIM unlock your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9+
- Remove the SIM tray from the phone with the SIM ejection tool and replace it with one from a different service provider
- Enter the SIM unlock code when prompted
Your Samsung Galaxy S9+ is now SIM unlocked and can be used on any GSM network in the world. Of course, this only works if you meet all of your service provider’s requirements for a free SIM unlock code. If you’re still making payments on the phone, you can’t get the free code, but services like Android SIM Unlock can still unlock your phone for a small fee.
If you have any other suggestions for how you can get a Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9+ SIM unlock code, please share them in the comments.