Over the past few years there have been a ton of original products to hit the market. More times than none each has been crowned as either necessary, simply the neatest idea ever, or just “over the top and worthless”.
Yota Phone – Dual screen. One of them is e-ink.
Kyocera Echo – Dual screen. Flippy flippy
Asus Transformer (tf101) – tablet with keyboard dock
Asus Slider – tablet with slide out keyboard
Asus Padfone – phone with a tablet dock and keyboard dock
Nokia’s flexible phone (Samsung is worth mentioning here): It flexes!
Samsung Galaxy Beam – built in mini projector
Qualcomm’s light display – Mirasol Display
Tactus Display – Changes on screen buttons into a physical keyboard
Let me start with some of my own ideas.
- Entirely modular. If I want a better CPU let me just swap it out with a new one.
- Touch sensitive side panels. Set regions on the side of the device that are associated with different gestures. Slide the left side to control volume. Double tap anywhere on the right to turn it on. Hold the top to change to silent mode.
- Transitional display. When in different shades of light it will change it’s composition for better readability.
- Expandable display. The display itself is overlapped until you expand it. The device then would expand to twice its original size.
- Smell sensor. Could warn the warn the user of a potential gas leak, overly polluted areas, or harmful airborne contagions.
Now it’s your turn! What kind of awesome innovations would you love to see in your device?
Edit – I hadn’t realized the WYSIWYG editor was so flexible so I edited for better formatting