Apr 07 AT 2:45 PM Taylor Wimberly 27 Comments

I’m Finally Getting T-Mobile 3G In June. 45+ New Cities Coming Soon…

Our friend David from tmonews.com posted some exciting news today.  T-Mobile has updated their 3G release schedule for the next two quarters.  I have several friends who work at T-Mobile retail stores and they kept telling me 3G was coming to our area, but this is the first time I have had a solid date.

The complete schedule is:

• Louisville, KY
  • Oklahoma City, OK
  • Pittsburgh, PA
  • and many more.
Internal T-Mobile Memo via TmoNews.com

Internal T-Mobile Memo via TmoNews.com

Hopefully, this news will brighten up someone’s day.  Did your city make the list?  If you already have 3G coverage, how has your G1 experience been over the last couple of months?

• vito

June? not to far off, still Brooke fails.

• Ricky

Wow, I feel sorry for all the people who don’t have it yet.
    I’m in LA and I just take all the 3G goodness for granted. Well hurray for T-Mobile!

• http://androidandme.com Taylor Wimberly

The Edge speeds are pretty good in Texas, but I want 3G. My battery eagerly awaits to be drained quicker than ever!

• nEx.Software

I have 3G turned of almost all of the time. It’s somewhat spotty here in Phoenix. I don’t have a huge need for it. I’m on WiFi most of the time, or not using my data.

• Danny

what is Q3 ???????

• nEx.Software

Q3 = Third Quarter = July, August, September

• Mike

Damn. I have to wait until the end of the year to get 3G? At least there is finally a time frame.

• nEx.Software

I’m actually surprised Scottsdale isn’t already covered. It is a part of the Phoenix metropolitan area, and a particularly “rich” part at that. I’d have thought it’d be a part of the original Phoenix offering.

• http://www.lallovigil.com Lallo

I get 3G in June too!!!

• http://www.beginnertriathlete.com Mike

Q3? Ugh. I’ve experienced the 3G goodness on business trips. It’s like turning a Lexus into a Ferrari.

• erik

please don’t complain that you have to wait until Q3. I’m not even on the list. when are the poor townsfolk going to get 3G? My city of Bellingham, Wa has plenty of 3g with AT&T but it seems that I’ll be waiting for Tmo to catch up until 2011.

• nEx.Software

Hey now, T-Mobile has the fastest growing 3G network. Sure that’s only because they were the last to the game and all the other networks are already established… But that was some marketing genius to hold out until they could make this fantastic claim… :)

• INEED3G

3G is needed in northern VA.

• Gammax

and thats why I live in LA.

• chancellor

I live in Detroit and the 3G here is blazing fast but I hardly use it because I’m always on Wi-Fi at home. I only use it when I leave the house. I guess when you have something for a long time, you just take it for granted so anytime I go on long drives to some rural areas, it switches back to EDGE which can be painfully slow for an “always” on 3G user. Anyway, I’m just glad to see that T-Mo is expanding their 3G network.

• Pingback: Android and Me()

• Meghan

Saw it switch me to 3G this AM in Charlotte NC! Think they are swapping it over around here.

• steph

i’m in charlotte too and i noticed it! i found this article when i was wondering why i saw 3g! it must just now be rolling out.i’ve also noticed some weird things going on with my phone service.

• ben

I have been told louisville will have it by the end of 08. The last I have heard was q3. Now this is saying q4. I’m about to take my g1 any day now and shov it up Turd mobiles a$$

• Rob

As I count down the days left in Q3, still no 3G in Albuquerque. Massive fail, T-Mo!

• johnny

Still no 3g in albuquerque….. EPIC FAIL!!!

• Kim

The coverage map on the T-Mobile website says that Albuquerque is 3G now.

• http://minormutterings.blogspot.com Jerry

3G coverage in Albuquerque as of tonight. I am in the South Valley, and it was solid.

• http://www.casadegeeks.com redkroovy

I noticed my phone was getting 3G service this morning in the OKC Metro area!

• thomas

3g in oklahoma city today

• http://Website Jonathan

Q4 came and went in Mobile, Alabama. Still no 3G.

• Pingback: Game scope()

1. vitoGuest 6 years ago

June? not to far off, still Brooke fails.

2. RickyGuest 6 years ago

Wow, I feel sorry for all the people who don’t have it yet.

3. nEx.SoftwareGuest 6 years ago

4. DannyGuest 6 years ago

what is Q3 ???????

5. nEx.SoftwareGuest 6 years ago

Q3 = Third Quarter = July, August, September

6. MikeGuest 6 years ago

7. nEx.SoftwareGuest 6 years ago

8. LalloGuest 6 years ago

I get 3G in June too!!!

9. MikeGuest 6 years ago

10. erikGuest 6 years ago

11. nEx.SoftwareGuest 6 years ago

12. INEED3GGuest 6 years ago

3G is needed in northern VA.

13. GammaxGuest 6 years ago

and thats why I live in LA.

14. chancellorGuest 6 years ago

15. Android and MeGuest 6 years ago

[...] T-Mobile is still rolling out their 3G network, Sprint completed most of their 3G updrage in 2007.  Sprint’s 3G network (Power [...]

16. MeghanGuest 6 years ago

• stephGuest 6 years ago

17. benGuest 6 years ago

18. RobGuest 6 years ago

19. johnnyGuest 5 years ago

Still no 3g in albuquerque….. EPIC FAIL!!!

20. KimGuest 5 years ago

The coverage map on the T-Mobile website says that Albuquerque is 3G now.

21. JerryGuest 5 years ago

22. redkroovyGuest 5 years ago

I noticed my phone was getting 3G service this morning in the OKC Metro area!

23. thomasGuest 5 years ago

3g in oklahoma city today

24. JonathanGuest 5 years ago

Q4 came and went in Mobile, Alabama. Still no 3G.

25. Game scopeGuest 5 years ago