TweetDeck is one of the most popular Twitter clients around. I have used the desktop version and I enjoy the enhanced features like the ability to manage multiple accounts and create groups to follow your friends. TweetDeck currently offers an iPhone version and is exploring other mobile platforms.
They recently posted the following message on their support forums:
We are determined to eventually see TweetDeck available for other mobile platforms, such as Windows Mobile, Symbian, Blackberry and Android, but there are no timelines for these as yet.
Seeing as the iPhone version is offered for free, I think Android users would love this premium Twitter client. If you want to help persuade TweetDeck to develop an Android application first, take a minute and message them on Twitter. “@TweetDeck – Please bring Tweet Deck to Android”
A full list of features for the iPhone version include:
- Tweet directly from your iPhone or iPod Touch.
- Manage multiple Twitter accounts.
- View notifications for new tweets received.
- Use columns to create your personal dashboard.
- Simply sync to set-up
- Continuously updates between your desktop and iPhone.
- Create Groups to easily follow all your friends.
- Follow topics in real-time with saved searches.
- Reply to tweets and send direct messages.
- Easily re-tweet messages.
- Share photos with Twitpic and YFrog.
- Shorten links with your favorite URL shortener.
- Follow and un-follow people.
- Shake your iPhone to refresh columns.
You can also find a preview video of TweetDeck for iPhone at their official site.