Sep 14 AT 4:21 PM Ryan Mills 11 Comments

It’s official, LG is joining the ranks!

LG has decided to join the ranks of some companies like HTC, Samsung and Motorola by announcing that they too will release an Android device. The LG GW-620 will have a 3 inch touchscreen and a full qwerty keyboard. More info will be announced later when the phone is due to release in the fourth quarter of this year in select European markets.

The LG-GW620 will appeal to first-time smartphone customers by offering a new and different kind of user experience,” said Dr. Skott Ahn, President and CEO of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company. “Our objective is to provide a wide selection of smartphones to satisfy the diverse preferences of today’s consumers. This Android phone is just one of many smartphone models we plan to introduce worldwide in the years ahead.

The LG GW-620

The LG GW620

Tell us what you think of this new device by LG. Are you happy to see LG join the party?

[LG]

• sregister

lg has and always will make shit phones.

• http://www.claudiokuenzler.com Claudio

doesnt look nice at all :-/ and the screen could have been way bigger too :(

• Christopher Silva

I think it looks good. If it’s cheap it would be a good tarter phone for my wife. She loves my Magic but wants a keyboard. This could be a solution for her. Lets see what it costs when I comes here to Germany.

• http://yellowrex.com William Furr

The more the merrier.

• Tree.

I think it looks okay. It doesn’t look like one I would be interested in since I always like the “top-of-the-line” stuff that’s out there, but it will hopefully expand the android fan base

• Pingback: Android rumor report: Eclair, 4G, INQ, and more – Android and Me()

• Pingback: Game scope()

• boateng gideon

Can it make a video call? Why do your phones have low firmware versions like that?

• Mobile Prices

very nice post, thank u so much about this great work, keep posting and updating us i would like to recommend it to my friends.
    mobile prices<a

1. sregisterGuest 6 years ago

lg has and always will make shit phones.

2. ClaudioGuest 6 years ago

doesnt look nice at all :-/ and the screen could have been way bigger too :(

3. Christopher SilvaGuest 6 years ago

4. William FurrGuest 6 years ago

The more the merrier.

5. Tree.Guest 5 years ago

6. Android rumor report: Eclair, 4G, INQ, and more – Android and MeGuest 5 years ago

[...] recently announced their first Android phone (GW-620), but don’t expect it to show up in the United States. Instead we should see a new Android [...]

7. Game scopeGuest 5 years ago