Update (15:30): More photo galleries are coming online. Pocket-lint has the best pics I have seen so far.
Could it be? The first Snapdragon powered Android handset? It looks like Acer has officially announced the Liquid A1 which will reportedly sport a 1GHz Snapdragon Processor and run Android 1.6. Also, it appears that this phone will be targeting multimedia fans with its 800 x 480 WVGA capacitive touchscreen and “easy access to entertainment and web bookmarks” together with “longer battery autonomy for intense users”. Check out the links below for more information and pictures.
The Acer Liquid also offers several unique software enhancements including:
- Improved power management to help achieve longer battery autonomy for intense users;
- A new user interface with easy access to entertainment and web bookmarks;
- An optimized camera with geo-tagging, ISO, self-timer options and accelerated auto-focus performance;
- Exclusive Spinlets™ application providing free streaming of worldwide music and video, that can be shared with friends and family through web-posting or e-mail;
- Smart integration of Facebook™, Twitter™, Youtube™, Picasa™ and Flickr™ in the address book, with realtime notification of status or content updates.