Clark recently launched Droid Week which highlights a new Android application every Monday. Part of the site allows anyone to sound off on an app by tweeting your thoughts. This weeks’ entry was Flixster and I tweeted that I wanted Fandango support to buy tickets on my phone. It appears I am little behind the times because Fandango already released their own iPhone application back in March 2009.
Someone at Fandango saw our tweet and responded with the following message.
This is the first I have seen of Fandango actually talking about an Android app. Several readers have asked me if one was coming and I hope this news encourages you.
Looking at the iPhone version, we expect the Android app will include the following features.
- Find movies playing in your local theaters – search movies showing nearby, or view “Opening This Week” and “Top Box Office” lists
- Discover movies ‘Coming Soon’– check out our “In the Spotlight” titles or view upcoming movie scheduled to play near you
- Tap a movie poster to watch high-quality trailers
- View the most accurate showtimes; read fan ratings and reviews, genres, synopses, run times and director and cast lists
- Find theaters closest to you using phone’s core location feature
- Add theaters to a “Favorites” list for faster searching
- Discover theater amenities such as stadium seating and wheelchair accessibility
- Connect with Google Maps to find driving directions
Purchase tickets in a flash
- Purchase tickets seamlessly without leaving the app
- Buy tickets for more movie screens – 16,000 and counting! — than on any other app
- Sign into your Fandango account to purchase tickets with your credit card stored online
- Or securely store credit card information to your device – it’s your choice!
- View your purchase history to access ticket details
For a preview of what is to come, check out this video review of their iPhone app.