Fandango released a beta version of their Android application last month and has steadily been improving it with recent updates. It now appears the app is ready for primetime because Fandango will be waiving all service fees for ticket purchases through March 7, 2010. The company normally has a convenience charge of $1 per ticket, but users can purchase tickets for free for the next few months.
From Fandango: Get movie and theater listings with the flick of your finger. Watch trailers. View fan ratings. All while your device’s GPS feature finds the theaters closest to you and the movies playing at them. And when you’re ready to buy, it’s as simple as, well, 1-2 with our super-quick purchasing that secures your tickets fast and drama-free. Enjoy the show!
Purchase tickets in a flash
- Purchase tickets seamlessly without leaving the app
- Buy tickets for more movie screens — 16,000 and counting! – than on any other app
- Sign into your Fandango account to purchase tickets with your credit card stored online
- Or securely store credit card information to your device — it’s your choice!
- View your purchase history to access ticket details
Comments & Feedback
Fandango has made this generous offer to promote their new app and they welcome your feedback. If you experience any bugs, have a feature request, or run into problems purchasing tickets, please contact them.
Comments & Feedback: [email protected]