The Motorola Motoroi (aka Sholes Tablet) is almost definitely coming to T-Mobile. We have been reporting since last August that Motorola was working on the device and recently saw the FCC approve it with T-Mobile 3G bands.
Early rumors suggested the device could launch in March, but we know T-Mobile will begin shipping the CLIQ XT on March 10, 2010. Motorola could chose to announce the device at CTIA on March 29, so a release next month is not entirely out of the picture.
Our friends from and.roid.es got a chance to play with the phone at MWC and posted a video. They note that it is not as thin as the Nexus one, yet it is much lighter than the Droid/Milestone. The Motoroi also felt faster than the Droid (even though they feature the same internals) so it could be due to some software optimizations.
There was confusion over weather the SK Telecom version would include Motoblur, but we are hearing the T-Mobile version will have it.
Engadget also caught some time with the Motoroi at MWC.
Highlights of the specs include:
- Display: 3.7 inch capacitive touch FWVGA (480Ã—854)
- Dimensions: 60.9 mm x 115.95 mm x 10.9 mm, Weight: 140 g
- Processor: TI OMAP3430 (550 MHz ARM Cortex-A8 + PowerVR SGX 530 GPU)
- Memory: 512 MB Flash ROM, 256 MB RAM
- Camera: 8 megapixel autofocus with xenon flash. 720p HD video recording.
- 3G Network support: HSDPA 10.2 Mbps, HSUPA 5.6 Mbps
- Wireless: WiFi 802.11 b/g with DLNA support
- Operating System: Andorid 2.1 with Motorblur
- Other: 720P HD video out via HDMI port