The Supersonic lives. Sprint just held their press conference at CTIA and unveiled the HTC EVO 4G handset. Information is coming in from all sources, so this post will be updated through the day.
The HTC EVO 4G is expected to go on sale this summer and we are awaiting a price point. Head over to the official EVO 4G mini site to sign up for more details.
Superphone? You decide.
Highlights of the specs include:
- First Android phone with Sprint 4G WiMax / 3G EV-DO Rev. A
- 4.3-inch WVGA diaplsy 800×554
- 1GHz processor Snapdragon QSD8650
- 1 GB flash ROM, 512 MB RAM
- 8 megapixel camera with 720p video capture
- 1.3 megapixel front facing camera
- Output pictures, slides and videos in HD quality (720p) via HDMI cable (sold separately)
- 802.11b/g WiFi
- 1500 mAh battery
- 8 GB microSD included
- Android 2.1 with Sense UI
- Mobile hotspot connectivity, supports up to 8 devices
- Built-in kickstand for hands-free viewing
- Media player with 3.5mm stereo headset jack
- FM radio and Amazon MP3 store
- Dimensions: 4.8″ x 2.6″ x .5″, Weight: 6 ounces
Sprint is sponsoring Engadget, so they got to go hands on early and upload some videos.