Update: Raging Thunder 2 is now available in the Android Market for â‚¬4.00 ($5.63). A high-end Android device (Droid or N1) is required and the download takes up 20 MB so first gen phones should be aware.
Swedish developer Polarbit is gearing up to release several new Android games. They burst on to the scene late last year when they launched five 3D titles for Android. All of the games were hits with most selling 5-10k copies.
Polarbit announced today that they are releasing a sequel to their best selling title Raging Thunder. The new Raging Thunder 2 features cross-platform six player games, upgradeable cars, and ten new animated tracks. No pricing information is available yet, but previous Polarbit titles have gone for â‚¬3.00 ($4.22).
“After all the hard work we put into Raging Thunder 2, we’re proud to introduce the sequel to one of our best-selling games of all time. RT2 is the definitive mobile arcade racer and offers a fantastic cross-platform multiplayer experience to boot!”Mitri Bautista-WibergFounder of Polarbit
Their press release says the game should already be on the Android Market, but we have yet to see it appear. As soon as it pops up we will let everyone know and post the QR code for download. In the mean time, check out their trailer video for a taste of what’s coming.
Raging Thunder 2 features:
- Six single player game modes: Career, Arcade, Single Race, Time Attack, Survival, Instant Race
- Online or local, cross-platform multiplayer with pre and post-race chat
- Choose from a fleet of tuner cars with the ability to upgrade wheels, body, wings, and engine
- Multiple upgrade options for each area with visual enhancements
- Ten beautiful, varied and animated track environments with tons of hidden shortcuts
- Stunning, console quality 3D graphics using OpenGL 2.0