Android games are still in an infant stage, but they are quickly progressing. Waves of new 3D titles have started to emerge after the release of the Motorola Droid and Nexus One. Google knows this and has made it their mission to give away as many free phones as possible to any developer looking to make an app. We expect a ton of mobile announcements next week during the Game Developers Conference (which Google is sponsoring).
One new developer making the jump to Android is DVide Arts which has two games currently in the making. Their first title is Welcome to Hell which is a 3D first person shooter centered around zombies. The goal of the game is to “destroy waves of hellish undead zombies before they destroy you.” A second title called Crusade of Destiny is a full scale massive 3D RPG.
I’m always up for a good zombie shooter, so we will keep you posted on this title. When we get some more information from the developer we will share it with you.
Update: DVide Arts is hoping to complete Welcome to Hell by the end of March, but there is no official release date yet.
Welcome to Hell game features include:
- Blood and gore delivered in stunning 3D.
- Multiple weapons to unlock.
- 3D sound positioning. Hear the horror come from behind!
- High quality sound effects and original music soundtracks each with individual volume controls.
- Multiple languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, and Polish.
[Thank you Ramon for the tip]