Apr 13 AT 9:38 AM Taylor Wimberly 8 Comments

Archos readies generation 8 of Android tablets

Archos is gearing up for their next line of Android tablets which will range from 3 to 10 inches. The devices will be powered by ARM Cortex (A8?) based processors with speeds ranging from 800 MHz to 1 GHz. Prices are expected to be from $100-350 and we could see these tablets by the end of the summer. Archos claims the devices will be ultra performing with full OpenGL support and multitouch, but these features could be limited to the high-end models.

The new tablets will range from 3" to 10".

Via: Android Authority

Source: Archos Loungue

• http://Website William Furr

These are some pretty slick tablet/PMPs, but I wish they could make phone calls.

Also, I think it’s interesting how they go for the whole range of screen sizes. It’s like they have no idea what people actually want, unlike some other companies that think certain sizes are “revolutionary”.

• http://www.nashvilletn-real-estate.com Dean Williams

Letting the market determine what it wants? Blasphemy!

• http://Website Ben

You can make calls with android. I’m not sure if they can call you back, but with certain apps, you can call or text a phone, and they could definately text you back.

So, other than having no ability to have people call you back, you can.

• http://Website Ben

BTW, the different sizes are so people can choose the size that best suits their lifestyle. I’d go for a 5″, but I’m sure lots of people will go for the 10″ and the 3″ as well.

I heard rumors, true or not, that apple may do the same with the Ipad, sizes between the Ipad and ipod touch.

• http://Website ken

I must admit I am one of those folks who fall in love with the archos 7 tablet

but it turns out, it was all Hype, brochure material and specs in paper only. But its essence? I say dust in the wind!

• http://Website Jak Crow

I have the Archos 5 android tablet which has a cortex 800mhz cpu already. I wonder how these will really be different from the A5a.

• Pingback: TWiA News with Dominic Mazzoni()

• Pingback: TWiA #12 with Dominic Mazzoni()

1. William FurrGuest 5 years ago

• Dean WilliamsGuest 5 years ago

Letting the market determine what it wants? Blasphemy!

• BenGuest 5 years ago

So, other than having no ability to have people call you back, you can.

• BenGuest 5 years ago