A new software update is now available for the Verizon Devour which includes a number of enhancements and improved functionality. The latest software version (CALAND_X_01.15.08P) makes no changes to the firmware version as it remains Android 1.6. A possible upgrade to Android 2.1 is still under evaluation so customers might be waiting awhile (Q3 or later).
If you have a Devour and have not automatically received the update, you can manually check for it by going to Menu > Settings > About phone > System Update. For detailed help, see the official instructions (pdf).
- Improved response time when Menu, Home, and Back keys are pressed.
- Adjustments to improve the accuracy of signal strength indicators on the display.
- Stability improvements made to browser, contacts, and V CAST Music with Rhapsody® applications.
- Multiple enhancements to incoming call performance.
- Volume keys will now function within the Mobile IM application.
- Improvements made to ensure pictures are uploaded in the correct orientation.
Email and Calendar
- Improved functionality to allow users to more easily delete POP3 email accounts.
- Changed display when setting up new email accounts, prompting users to use a back slash instead of a forward slash.
- Enhanced Exchange ActiveSync® Calendar agenda view to display meeting titles.
- Verizon.net email accounts will now auto-configure.
- Overall improvements to ringer, voice dialing application, and multimedia audio when using a headset.
- DEVOUR 1.15.83 includes updated versions of Google applications.