Aug 18 AT 10:01 AM Nick Gray 14 Comments

Rumor: Four new HTC code names revealed

Not quite sure which new Android phone is for you?  You better make up your mind quick, because things are going to be getting a little more complicated.  Our friends over at AndroidGuys just received a little tip which included code names for four new HTC devices.

The new names to keep an eye out for are: HTC Mecha, HTC Spade, HTC Speedy, and the HTC Blitz (CDMA).  For now all we have are these names, but we’re hoping that images and handset specifications will start leaking out within the next few months.

Source: AndroidGuys

• http://Website Karly

I can’t wait to see what they look like and what the specs will be. I hope one goes to Sprint, since I’m waiting for a better phone to get for the holidays.

• Nick Gray

• http://Website Matth

“Our question to you: do you buy a phone now or wait to see what’s right around the corner?”

This cannot be answered, as HTC seem to be releasing new phones at a ridiculous rate. By the time these 4 have been released, there will be 8 more en route.

• http://Website nastysquar3d

I have an original Droid, overclocked to 1Ghz and running Froyo, and so far nothing available (on Verizon) is really compelling me to upgrade.

My ideal phone would be a 1+ ghz phone, touchscreen only, 4inch screen (sorry Droid X, you’re too big for me) and stock Android.

I know stock android is a pipe dream anymore. I also know the specs I described closely resemble the Galaxy S, which I would likely be interested in if it was available on Verizon and the GPS bug is fixed. That being said, it’s being released so late I’m wondering if I should just wait to see if any LTE handsets are rumored or announced during the holiday season.

• http://Website Michael

OH MAN! I am up for my renewal next week, and am dying to get rid of my blackberry storm. I was planning on the DroidX, but now I’m not sure.

I like the Incredible as well, and would love to see what else HTC is doing.

What’s the best bet right now – the DroidX or the Incredible? Motorola or HTC? SO many options!

• Nick Gray

• http://Website Michael

Thanks for the feedback Nick! I’m new to the Android world, and am looking forward to my 1st android next week!

• http://Website Richard

I would for HTC to decide what comes out next. HTC IS THE BEST SMARTPHONE DESIGNERS ON THE MARKET…MOTOROLA WILL NEVER COMPARE TO HTC…I AM A HAPPY HTC EVO OWNER AND AM WAITING ON THE EVO 2 OR SOME KIND OF TABLET FROM HTC THAT WILL COME TO SPRINT THAT WILL BE 4G CAPABLE AND CAN MAKE CALLS 7INCH TABLET WOULD BE GREAT

• http://Website Nick

If I always waited to see what’s around the corner then I would never get a new phone. I still have by G1 and held off on getting a Vibrant to see what the G2 was all about, and now I’m considering waiting until November or later; I’m sure by then there will be even more phones on the horizon, so I should probably just give in and get something now.

• http://Website Jay

It would be nice to be able to rent new phones and exchange them when a newer model comes out. It’s no fun to have to wait for the contract is up just to buy a subsidized phone.

• http://Website Raptor

The main question or better a request to Nick is about 4G drainage.

Please
    - install JuicePlotter which makes graph of battery drainage,
    - reboot the phone,
    - put all Background tasks and Autosyncs off (in the Accounts and Sync) to ensure nothing else is sucking the battery
    - all Wifi, GPS and BT devices off except 4G
    - leave Epic with 4G ON for several hours on the table (or better overnight) not used by any tasks or activities.

Post the picture. Compare to EVO, Galaxy S (Vibrant etc) or anything you want.

Bad drainage picture will set up the trend, the precedent, and may literally kill both EVO and Epic as well as WiMAX and Sprint

• http://Website Drew

.. I’m sure non of these phones are headed to TMo (sigh) I can’t believe TMo pretty much set the stage for Android phones, only to get left in the dust by Verizon when that caught on.. so disappointing! Come on Tmo!!!

• http://Website Podginater

Please please, let at least one be vanilla. All I want is some stock android.

• http://htcdesireandroid.com/tag/facebook/ HTC Desire Android

excellent put up, very informative. I wonder why the other experts of this sector do not notice this. You should proceed your writing. I’m confident, you’ve a huge readers’ base already!

1. KarlyGuest 5 years ago

2. These new code names might actually keep me from buying the G2 at launch. I know it’s exciting to get a new phone on launch day, but there are just too many new options from HTC coming down the pipeline.

3. MatthGuest 5 years ago

4. nastysquar3dGuest 5 years ago

5. MichaelGuest 5 years ago

I like the Incredible as well, and would love to see what else HTC is doing.

• While the larger screen on the DROID X is impressive, the HTC DROID Incredible is a much nicer phone. Both will be getting Froyo (Incredible is rumed to get it this week) and both feature pretty descent cameras. I think the real decision is between the MotoBLUR ish UI and HTC Sense.

• MichaelGuest 5 years ago

• RichardGuest 5 years ago

6. NickGuest 5 years ago

7. JayGuest 5 years ago

8. RaptorGuest 5 years ago

The main question or better a request to Nick is about 4G drainage.

Please
    - install JuicePlotter which makes graph of battery drainage,
    - reboot the phone,
    - all Wifi, GPS and BT devices off except 4G

Post the picture. Compare to EVO, Galaxy S (Vibrant etc) or anything you want.

9. DrewGuest 5 years ago

10. PodginaterGuest 5 years ago

Please please, let at least one be vanilla. All I want is some stock android.

11. HTC Desire AndroidGuest 4 years ago